Required Technical Qualifications:
- Overall IT experience 6+ years.
- SharePoint administration experience 4 years.
- Certified with Microsoft SharePoint
- SharePoint working knowledge of Central Administration, STSADM, and the PowerShell administration modules.
- Strong understanding of what can be done using OOB features in SharePoint.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading and managing a SharePoint Server or a Farm.
- Configuring all service applications like Search, Metadata, and User Profile Synchronization etc.
- Creation of a Content DB and maintaining it.
- Assignment of proper permission levels for all users of the site as well as configuring anonymous access if required.
- Configuring timer jobs depending on business requirements.
- SharePoint Event Log troubleshooting, search administration and troubleshooting, concepts of a farm and the planning and implementation of Service Packs and Cumulative Updates.
- Training and supporting the business users in their day to day involvement in SharePoint sites.
- Solid understanding of IIS, Active Directory and Mail Configuration.
- Configuration of Business Connectivity Services for connecting to a SQL database or a WCF service.
- Configuring SharePoint as Document Management System
- Integrating SharePoint with other document management systems
- Implementing practical information architecture to assist with information sorting and discovery
- Other responsibilities relevant to SharePoint administration