The primary responsibility of this job holder for purpose of this position is to assist the Head of Risk Management to develop, implement and ensure a robust Operational Risk Management framework with Risk Governance, Risk tools and Infrastructure.
Develop enterprise wide Key Risk Indicator.
- Develop and update the risk universe of sector at the enterprise level and define the framework for developing and maintaining risk registers at key business and support unit levels.
- Conduct Risk Control Self-Assessment (RSCA) framework and internal control assessment process.
- Identify KRI’s with thresholds for the various units within the bank.
- Design and implementing loss data collection framework to capture all risks affecting the bank.
- Promote and advocate a risk management culture throughout sector development and roll out of training sessions.
- Participate in the development of sector’s risk governance structure and enterprise wide Policies and Procedures.
- Develop the Risk Management Information system including KRI Dashboards.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills :
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Management, Finance, commerce, accounting or risk.
- 3-7 years’ experience working in risk management preferable in a bank or other financial institutions; experience with Basel-II implementations desired.
- In-depth Knowledge of various risk management methods and tools including.
- Operational risk score cards.
- RCSA ( Risk and Control self-Assessment) and KRI’s.
- Business Impact Assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake critical risk analysis; interpret data/information and derive meaning.
- Basic knowledge of key banking processes of Credit, Treasury, IT and Operations.