- Contributes to the delivery of departmental goals, through personal effort in own work area.
- Makes improvements in processes that impact the Laboratory operations and may positively affect the results of the Core program.
- Works under general supervision, performs all routine lab procedures, and associated responsibilities, as dictated by the workload in the rostered area.
- Solves moderately complex problems and performs a specific variety of technical assignments within broader projects.
- Reviews and modifies practices and techniques in non-routine situations to perform duties, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results.
- Contributes in research trials in the laboratory that include taking measurements and recording observations, collecting, compiling and processing data.
- Assists in procurement of additional/new funding through contributions to technical proposal preparation and/or presentations.
- Trains junior lab technical staff in basics of technical workflow.
- Adheres to lab SOPs and performs quality control checks.
- Makes recommendations regarding the planning of short- and long-term goals of the lab to the Manager of the Core Facility and performs the research to reach established goals.
- Proposes technical solution for end-users’ experimental requests.
- Stays current with literature in ongoing and proposed projects.
- Assesses lab inventory and orders supplies when needed.
- May write manuscripts and present novel research and techniques to technical group.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or a related field.
- 3 years of research-related experience.
- Knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices, and methods.
- Knowledge of scientific laboratory research techniques.
- Computer literacy and strong mathematical, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may forward their updated CV to email@example.com