- Conducts bioinformatics analysis on NGS genomics and transcriptomics data from different platforms.
- Troubleshoots problems by investigating different methods, being innovative, and staying on top of scientific literature.
- Completes the objectives of the project.
- Performs statistical analysis and modeling and, if needed, database development.
- Documents the analysis is done and results, routinely and accurately, in the form of logs, codes, text, and graphs.
- Cultivates relationships with colleagues to widen his knowledge and expertise.
- Communicates results/findings to the relevant scientific community via published papers.
- Presents ongoing work and findings to colleagues both local and in academic conferences.
- Academic research experience with publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and/or conferences.
- Experience in NGS data analysis.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and biological databases.
- Strong skills in programming with R, shell, and Python or Perl.
- Experience in working on computer clusters
- Knowledgeable in scientific research methods and evaluation of research results, ability to develop and maintain their own knowledge and skills at the forefront of the field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English