- Performs a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture techniques using standard equipment to include vacutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
- Confers with patients to obtain information for laboratory records, explains procedures, allays fears and elicits cooperation.
- Prepares, processes, labels and stores patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by Clinical Laboratory staff.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and re-order as required. Stocks supplies on carts and hand trays for easier transition to other locations. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Responds to questions/queries and resolves problems pertaining to test requisitions, specimen requirements, test additions, priority changes (from routine to STAT and vice versa) and patient results utilizing the Lab information system or analyzing other data retrieval system.
- Ensures quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Ensures that all specimen collections and processing are performed in compliance with JCI & CAP and ISO15189 guidelines.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Phlebotomist or any similar role.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a valid QCHP License.
- Candidates with transferable or family dependent visa will be preferred.
- Should be able to start immediately.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may forward their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org