The main responsibility of this job holder is to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Experience in an Asian fusion restaurant will be an added advantage
- Ability to prepare high quality Japanese, Chinese and Thai Food .
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.