Incumbents in this class perform professional duties related to the review, assessment, and development of business/Technology processes. Functioning in a lead capacity, incumbents combine business-planning expertise in Applications Platform Domain to analyses and translate departments’ business requirements into system/technology deployments and/or business process changes. Incumbents act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to current business processes.
- 10+ Years relevant experience as IT experience
- 3-5 Years’ Experience as a lead Solution architect
- Delivering at least 7 Enterprise-level Projects including at least 3 End-to-end implementation in a lead role in the specified domain
- Industry experience of GCC will be added advantage
- Experience with UML, TOGAF Knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with Enterprise Products in the Application Domain (Application, Network, Platform) Applications: Oracle/Microsoft/OpenText/SAP etc.
- Worked on large integration of one of the domains with Third party software’s projects.
- Have experience on Re-engineering projects with respect to their domains
- Bachelor degree or above in IT technical field.
- Ability to operate under pressure, successfully handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to learn and quickly familiarize with complex business and systems environments.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in teams.
- Excellent communications, presentation and customer facing skills.
- Fluency in English & Arabic-written and oral.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business/technology needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other internal organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of technology/systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems/technology and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Reads and interprets case management systems and functional technical literature and translates in terms understandable to the end-users.
- Plans, organizes and conducts business/technology process re-engineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews of court-wide significant or specific to a court division. (Examples are projects requiring strategic analysis of an entire process or operating area where specific issues or items to be corrected, examined or recommended have not been identified. Recommended solutions should be developed in consultation with impacted internal and external stakeholders, but should remain objective and independent of the specific stakeholders.)
- Researches and prepares statistical reports using data from court computer systems and internal surveys. Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents t business/Technology rules, functions and requirements.
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff.
- Directs or Lead in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis; develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service; develops information system documentation to support efficient court operations; prepares reports and written findings and recommendations; and monitors changes.
- Provides work direction to one or more technical or acts as a team lead on designated projects or assignments.