The primary responsibility of the job holder to in conjunction with the Business Localization Support Manager formulate/provide inputs and lead the implementation of the departmental strategy in line with reputed organizations’ vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- In conjunction with the Business Localization Support Manager formulate/provide inputs and lead the implementation of the departmental strategy in line with reputed organizations’ vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Work in close coordination with the Business Localization Support Manager to devise new mechanisms of promoting programs.
- Work in close coordination with the team to increase local sourcing mainly through tendering, long-term business agreements and business development support.
- Oversee the implementation of a Central Supplier Registration and Tendering System as a single window system.
- Guide the team in conducting detailed management interviews, if required, during a site visit to gather information, understand SMEs’ strategies, operations and activities and to discuss the main factors that may affect the rating and accreditation.
- Ensure accurate completion of the Rating and Accreditation tasks in line with the SRA guidelines.
- Educate different stakeholders about the benefits of SRA through focus groups / workshops.
- Build effective relations and active collaboration with banks to promote referrals of SMEs for Rating & Accreditation Services.
- Conduct workshops to enhance the awareness of SMEs regarding the quality management certifications.
- Guide the team to assess the current situation of non ISO 9001 certified SMEs, identify gaps, prepare implementation plan and audit the implementation plans at different stages.
- Ensure subsidized industry specific certification services for SMEs having already achieved ISO 9001 certification.
- Engage in implementing the In-country Value initiative by enhancing the business environment and providing support in building the required infrastructure to support the local businesses.
- Refer under performing SMEs to organizations’ relevant business support departments, develop them to meet general procurement standards and contribute to the local supply chain.
- Advice the team in developing robust and consistent communication with organizations’ and other related entities involved in SMEs growth and development.
- Work in close coordination with the Business Localization Support Manager to develop and implement subsequent leading practices aimed at providing SMEs with easy access to growth opportunities.
- Oversee the implementation of functional policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with risk, audit, and regulatory requirements.
- Allocate work to subordinates, nominate for training as per organizations’ guidelines, conduct performance reviews and manage leave and overtime to ensure efficiency.
- Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for all subordinates.
- Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees within the department through holding periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
- Supervise directly report in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counselling. Provide recommendations to HR & Admin on hiring and promotions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MBA with specialization in Finance or Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in a financial institution with 3-5 years of experience preferably with a local/Gulf bank in a similar role.