The primary responsibility of this job holder in conjunction with the Business Localization Support Manager formulate/provide inputs and lead the implementation of the departmental strategy in line with organizations’ vision, mission and corporate objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Business Localization Support Manager formulate/provide inputs and lead the implementation of the departmental strategy in line with organizations’ vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Promote local SMEs to government, semi government and large private buyers by subsidizing promotional services for them.
- Responsible for developing the Business Opportunity Identification framework and methodology and ensure processes are defined through SOPs, SLAs and policies where required.
- Ensure regular interactions with buyers to identify their pre-qualification requirements and procurement needs.
- Oversee enhancement of SMEs market positions, both technically & financially through referrals to organizations’ advisory and financial products and services.
- Work with the Business Networking analyst in identifying localization opportunities promoting access of local suppliers to meet the local market demand.
- Oversee the planning and organization of events like trade fairs, seminars, training, matchmaking meetings and workshops.
- Organize national procurement conference – organizations’ and facilitate SMEs access to local procurement in an effective and efficient manner.
- Guide the team in compiling information on existing and future business opportunities, by major big buyers in the national market and promote the same to local SMEs.
- Guide the team in developing robust and consistent communication with organizations and other related entities involved in SMEs growth and development.
- Work in close coordination with the Business Localization Support Manager in developing an e-marketplace to help entrepreneurs and SMEs enhance their networking capabilities and sales potential leading to reduction in costs and growth of business.
- Work in close coordination with the Business Localization Support Manager to build strategic partnership with entities involved in SMEs growth and development.
- Liaise with government agencies and provide recommendations to policy makers to form laws in favour of local SMEs.
- Develop and implement leading practices aimed at providing SMEs with easy access to growth opportunities.
- Oversee the implementation of functional policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with risk, audit, and regulatory requirements.
- Allocate work to subordinates, nominate for training as per organizations’ guidelines, conduct performance reviews and manage leave and overtime to ensure efficiency.
- Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for all subordinates.
- Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees within the department through holding periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
- Supervise direct report in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counselling. Provide recommendations to HR & Admin on hiring and promotions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MBA or Master’s Degree in finance or logistics or in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in a financial institution with 3-5 years of experience preferably with a local/Gulf bank in a similar role.