Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall infrastructure and applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions using PaaS, DevOps .
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the cloud platforms
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical team
- Be a cloud evangelist with customers, and internal teams
- Collaborate with the presales team in shaping an enterprise cloud solutions that meet the customer vision and target state.
- Conduct environment assessment on different domains including but not limited to, infrastructure, workloads, security, operation, economics.
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required .
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects required.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence customer teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist)
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud)
- Required Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies) required,Deep experience in virtualization and private cloud.
- Technical Knowledge in
- cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management);
- container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry);
- continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet);
- web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred:
- Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within services company