Responsible for the company’s Claims Function, i.e. settling all claims accurately and in timely manner and recover reinsurance claim amounts from reinsurers, and ensuring adherence to the claim policies and procedures, in order to achieve the company’s set goals and objectives. The Claims Manager will examine, assess and process claims, ensure that payments and settlements have been made by reviewing settled insurance claims, and report any overpayments, underpayments and other irregularities.
Key Accountabilities include develop and establish policies, systems, processes & procedures; reinsurance recovery; claims management/analysis; procedure compliance; loss reserves/compliance with KPIs; review, approve and prepare service provider compliance, claim note, policy review, loss adjuster reports and claims from ceding companies; system updates; continuous improvement of Claims Dept., procedures, processes and practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement; prepare statements and reports; handle complaints & grievances; and supervise subordinates.
- Minimum qualification required is a bachelor’s degree in Economics, or Business Administration or law.
- Master degree/ Certificate in Risk Management is preferable
- Minimum 14 – 18 years experience in Claims and Reinsurance including 5-7 years experience within the energy, oil / gas and petrochemical industry
- Professional Certification from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) is beneficial but not essential.
Skills & Competencies
- Communication & Attention to detail
- Organized / coordination skills
- Time Management & Supervisory
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org