- Lead the BOC team to achieve operational integrity of the schedule, full legal compliance within the operation and ensuring sound economic decision-making processes is followed.
- Supervise the BOC and network operational performance to ensure that cost effective and consistent disruption recovery responses are initiated.
- Ensure continuous vehicle monitoring is carried out effectively to provide the best possible assistance in case of any deviation or diversion from the normal operational plan.
- Ensure a satisfactory balance of On Time Performance (OTP), interdependency and customer service in line with the company’s business goals.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships will all relevant departments.
- Lead daily on time performance meetings with relevant stakeholders to review and correct any operational problems while providing feedback to help optimize the schedule and prevent recurrent delays.
- Mentor and coach BOC staff to enable them to reach their potential, create succession plans to allow business continuity. Develop staff through contributing to and regularly undertaking performance appraisals and make appropriate recommendations on career direction.
- Design and develop effective staff training solutions, ensuring mandatory, professional and quality standards are specified and delivered. Ensure all regulatory training requirements for BOC staff is met and records are maintained.
- Design, develop and implement effective emergency response plans through a process of audit, validation and recommendations for improvement, that are aligned to corporate standards across Public Transport operations.
- Actively ensure the safety and security of all people, assets, systems and procedures engaged in or associated with own area of responsibility or otherwise under own control or influence.
- Provide real-time reporting and early alerting of vehicles occurred or prospected malfunction based on monitored control parameters from CANBus alerts.
- Provide centralized monitoring of any disconnection or malfunction of all network remote devices on-board and on-field as (LCD monitors, Cameras, OBUs, Validators, TVM machines and PDAs).
- Ensure video surveillance system provides controlled access to video feed of all vehicles, with direct integration with the monitoring system allowing video timeline flags of all captured incidents.
- Ensure management system provides facility for different call agents to communicate directly with drivers on field and attend to assistance or clarifications call from drivers on duty. Ensure two LCD monitors are implemented at each bus to facilitate for route path information presentation, as well as multimedia presentation of service announcements and commercial advertising.
- Relevant Diploma or equivalent in a related transportation field.
- CPC International PSV Certification is required.
- 8 years of operational experience in a leadership role or 10 years’ of transport related experience.
- Fully conversant with Manpower Resource Planning, Operations Control, Driver Duty Regulations, Operational systems, Fleet configuration, Road Transport Operations, Emergency Planning.
- Previous experience in driving and managing change within a complex and structured environment.
- Proven track record of effectively supervising staff in a time pressure shift work environment.
- Ability to quickly analyze and decide a course of action.
- Systems literate and technology astute.
- Strong and competent communicator.
- Demonstrated effective leadership capabilities.
- Confident and self-motivated. Comfortable taking and accepting responsibility.
- Able to delegate and work under intensive time pressures.
- Financial Acumen and cost orientation.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org