The primary responsibility of this job holder for the day-to-day operations of the assigned branch to maximise sales and profitability. Responsible to manage staff effectively in order to exceed customer expectations in the customer journey.
- Work closely with the reporting Area Manager during the annual planing stage. Contribute to developing plans and implementation roadmap for the Operations Directorate.
- Manage the store team to achieve a consistent high standard on the shop floor in order to maximise sales.
- Analyse sales on a daily basis and take positive action to redress any unexplained declines.
- Provide timely and accurate information on sales and cost lines to the Area Manager.
- Plan and cascade work plans to senior team and associates to ensure they are contributing effectively.
- Monitor and improve customer service and become the customer champion in-store, being the role model on how customers are treated professionally.
- Contain the losses of their unit by keeping inventory shrink and wastage below set budget, work with the stock-taking teams to prepare and delivering an accurate inventory count as required .
- Monitor and maintain proper store cleanliness, appearance and maintenance as per company policy.
- Supervise employees engaged in sales work, inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts.
- Keep operating records and prepare daily record of transactions or perform work for subordinates as needed.
- Ensure compliance with security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Order goods or prepare requisition to replenish goods on hand, maximise availability whilst controlling inventory.
- Monitor and verify vendor activity iln store.
- Ensure all store employees are trained properly.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities and prepare or direct workers preparing goods displays and advertising copy.
- Perform banking functions such as cash counting and deposit.
- Oversee the receipt and returns of all high value goods to ensure that no security is breached.
- Perform all shift duties are required, (i,e.) run the cash register.
- Ensure adoption of correct company procedures in maintaining a safe and secure working environment for colleagues and customers.
- Comply with Baladiya instructions and maintain a legal trade with due diligence to Qatar Law.
- Coach and mentor all team members, especially direct reports for performance and work closely with them during the various stages of the performance cycle (goal setting, performance evaluations etc.)
- perform all other duties as delegated by the Area Manager, or as per business requirements.
Qualifications, Certifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration desirable, although not mandatory given relevant previous retail experience.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a managerial capacity for a retail branch / outlet .
- Previous Middle East / GCC experience is mandatory.
Job Specific Skills:
- Market knowledge
- Customer focus
- An understanding of retail laws, security and health and safety
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Result driven
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships good
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, an effective team leader
- Must be bilingual (English and Arabic)