Responsible for providing ongoing technical and analytical support to the company. Responsible for actuarial analysis used to develop pricing for new and existing products in line with management’s and company’s objectives.
Initiate, organize and manage actuarial/underwriting projects independently and is responsible for the use of statistical models to analyze data and calculate the probability of and costs associated with certain events.
The purpose of the actuarial function is to advise on, monitor, investigate and report on the setting of the company’s premiums or prices, that significantly affect:
(a) The company’s ability to meet its liabilities to policyholders;
(b) Its capital requirements and solvency position; and
(c) Its technical provisions.
Key accountabilities include actuarial strategy, business plans, policies & procedures; actuarial analysis; develop systems, models and processes; provide coordination & support; and continuous improvement of Enterprise Risk Management systems, processes and practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Risk Management.
- 10 – 12 years of experience in insurance business or enterprise risk management.
- Attendance on relevant functionally-related post-graduate programs covering such areas as risk management/loss control philosophy/theory, insurance management and strategic planning.
- Professional Insurance Qualification of the Chartered Insurance Institute is an advantage.
- Preferred to have professional qualification or certification in Risk Management
Skills & Competencies
- Strong background in Risk Management
- Computer Skills
- Policies, Procedures & Work Methods Knowledge
- Costing & Budgeting Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Planning & Organizing Skills
- Business Understanding Skills
- Report Writing & Drafting Skills
- Administration Skills
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org